Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unintentional Intention

So, I didn't mean to do a blog on nothingness, which should have been the title to my last entry, but hey, we'll just save it for later.  Okay, I'm doing it again.  BABBLING.  No, I'm not from the city of Babel.

Well, what I really intended to write was that life is so full of wonderfulness, and i really appreciate artists that capture life's beauty into a picture, or written words, or a song.  And i love the fact that some of my very best friends/frogs are these artists.

Life...
 so much more than getting a degree that declares you can provide adequate care for people.  
A life,
 is worth much more than the nitty-gritty-itty-bitty-barby-warby (okay, made up the last two words) details that make "adequate care".  

Sometimes 
it pains me that right now as I'm "caring" for a patient, I'm really caring more about me, and the skill that I'm doing, and that I'm proving to my instructor that I'm capable.  

Because... 

what about the life 

that is in this bed.  Am i really caring for it by not paying attention to it?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You have the best heart :)

You're gonna be so awesome at what you do, an "young" pro and then it'll all be on that life lying in that bed.

:)

Hold on, just a few more weeks.

Love 'ya!

nic said...

that's a good ponder indeed.

just the fact that you recognize the incongruity presented here...how we might compromise our care for the one in need because we're focused on demonstrating our capability of caring to those in power...heartens me. and i think it should hearten you, because it means that you're not going to to scrimp on the caring, that you get whose opinion really matters (jesus's...and in this case, he can be found wearing the skin of "the least of these"--that patient in the bed).

good on ya.